Data Logs are a way for you to obtain a regular export of your GAP data in a format that can manipulated in Excel or imported into your preferred reporting tool. This might be useful for reporting or backup purposes. You can export information about:
- Devices (including messages sent to / received from devices and the device log)
Exports run on a regular basis via a "Job Schedule" (one per tenant). When a job runs, a copy of the files will be stored on the server for you to download at your convenience. You can optionally choose to receive e-mail notifications when data is made available for download.
You can also access your data logs via the GAP Web API.
To set up a Job Schedule
- Click "Options"
- Click "Tenants"
- Click on the tenant for which you wish to set up a new scheduled job
- Click "Data Logs"
- Click "Manage"
- Choose whether the data export should include data for just the tenant you selected or also its subtenants.
- Select how often you require the data export to run (either daily, weekly or monthly) using the "Frequency" drop-down list
- Select what data to export from the "Data Types" section
- Select how long to retain exported data on the server via the "Retention Policy" drop-down list.
If you wish to be notified by e-mail when the data export is available, check the "Send Notification When Export Finishes" check box and enter an e-mail
address in the "Notification Email Address" text box that then appears.
- Click "OK"